Thursday 19 March 2009

Valley of Vision - 4

Another extract...if you haven't got this book...but it!

"May I confide in his power and love,
commit my soul to him without reserve,
bear his image, observe his laws, pursue his service,
and be through time and eternity
a monument to the efficacy of his grace,
a trophy of his victory...

Help me not only to receive him but,
to walk in him,
depend upon him,
be conformed to him
follow him,
imperfect, but still pressing forward,
not complaining of labour, but valuing rest,
not murmuring under trial, but thankful for my state...

Perceiving nothing of myself, may I find in Christ
wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, redemption.


I spent a little while thinking about a few of these phrases this morning in my devotion...what does it mean to be 'a monument to the efficacy of his grace'? Or how can I increasingly grow in 'perceiving nothing of myself'?

No comments: