Sunday 1 March 2009

Valley of Vision - 3

Another excerpt from Valley of Vision.

One thing I wish this book is missing is a reference for each prayer, at the moment each one is anonymous with a long list of sources at the end. Anyway here goes...

"Herein is wonder of wonders:
he came below to raise me above,
born was like me that I might become like him.

Herein is love:
when I cannot rise to him he draws near on wings of grace,
to raise me to himself

Herein is power:
when Deity and humanity were infinitely apart
he united them in dissoluble unity, the uncreated and the created

Herein is wisdom:
when I was undone, with no will to return to him,
and no intellect to devise recovery
he came, God incarnate, to save me to the uttermost,
as man to die my death
to shed satisfying blood on my behalf
to work out perfect righteousness for me.
"


Indeed our salvation won on the cross was not something done before God in His presence, but actually something done in His very being. It was not just something done by His divine approval but in His divine will. It was not something merely done for Him by another person or servant, but made complete in Him very self.

Praise God for our salvation not just by Christ, but in Christ.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wrote to Banner of Truth when Matt Giles wrote his song based on Priviledges to see if we could find out who had written it. Arthur Bennett has died and left no record of sources...

That said, presumably if you got all the texts he referreds to at the start of the book you could eventually source each one.