Tuesday 16 September 2008

03 - Taming the tongue

I am glad when people say important things in a straight forward matter. It saves a whole host of confusion.





The same is true for the Bible. I praise God for the simplicity of the gospel and the route to a holy life revealed in his scriptures. This is why I find books like 'The Secret Message of Jesus' by Brian McClaren a worrying and disturbing thought, as if I have been missing something all these years.

When it comes to the presenting the gospel as Christians who speak and communicate, I believe we should do it in a simple and straight forward way...Christian jargon truly is a curse which alienates non - believers by a wall of Christian subculture. When it comes to people's souls we shouldn't waste ourwords nor confuse people with them.

No comments: