Tuesday 24 June 2008

The Mandolin Rain

Well...I thought I would have a little break from the spiritual stuff and instead share some of my favourite songs. Bruce Hornsby is surely one of the most creative musicians and lyricists in the music at the moment...listen and enjoy.




"The song came and went
Like the times that we spent
Hiding out from the rain under the carnival tent
I laughed and shed smile
It would last for awhile
You dont know what you got till you lose it all again

Listen to the mandolin rain
Listen to the music on the lake
Listen to my heart break every time she runs away
Listen to the banjo wind
A sad song drifting low
Listen to the tears roll
Down my face as she turns to go"


I love it when you find a song which resonates deeply within you....This song surely does for me.

1 comment:

Mima said...

You've recruited a new fan of that song-congratulations! Its very beautiful. I love the lyrics and the music. Can you play it??
Anyway...the video is pride and prejudice!!!!!!!! ahhhh i love it so (not as much as the 1990 one of course!)
Was nice to see a non preachy blogg :-)
x